- Researchers correlate increased heart risk to high-sodium medicines
- Black Opal names winner of 2013 True Beauty Model Search
- Organix-South develops new Purifying Neem Facial Mask
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- Out of Africa continues support of West African women, children with sponsorship
CAMDEN, N.J. The Campbell Soup Co. has introduced its latest low-sodium version of its V8 juice, the company said Friday.
Campbell has introduced V8 Spicy Hot Low Sodium juice, which contains 140 mg of sodium per cup and meets U.S. government requirements for low-sodium food.
“We’re pleased to offer a kicked-up version of our original low sodium V8 juice, which has been a fast-growing part of the V8 franchise over the years,” Campbell VP beverage marketing Dale Clemiss stated. “People often associate less salt with less flavor, but V8 Spicy Hot low sodium offers the spice and heat people are looking for that’s not often found in low-sodium products.”
In January, Campbell announced it would roll out original V8 100% vegetable juice with 420-mL of sodium per 8-oz. glass, a 12% reduction, marking the second sodium reduction rolled out by Campbell in the last three years.