- Walgreens, Alliance Boots to merge
- Walgreens implements Chicago Hometown Investment Initiative
- WAG VP talks to Chicago Tribune about changing role of pharmacist
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Walgreens confident in Q2 results following Express Scripts exit Jan. 1
DUBLIN, Ohio — Cardinal Health on Tuesday announced the extension of its distribution agreement to supply pharmaceuticals to Walgreens' national network of retail pharmacies.
The agreement will prolong into 2013. Additional terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“Walgreens is a valued partner for Cardinal Health, and we are proud to continue our long-standing relationship,” said George Barrett, Cardinal Health chairman and CEO. “The new agreement builds on the fundamentals of our existing relationship, and the terms were factored into the fiscal 2011 guidance we provided in October.”