- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- 'Well positioned' for changes in health care, CVS Caremark delivers strong Q2
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
DUBLIN, Ohio — Cardinal Health and McKesson separately announced the renewal of their pharmaceutical distribution agreements with CVS Caremark.
Under Cardinal Health’s renewed agreement, the wholesaler stated that it will supply pharmaceuticals to a network of CVS Caremark's retail pharmacies and distribution centers through mid-2016. The stores and distribution centers serviced under the new arrangement are essentially the same as those serviced in the prior arrangement.
"CVS Caremark has been a long and valued partner to Cardinal Health. We are excited to continue to build on that tradition. We look forward to working together to create value for our evolving heathcare system," stated George Barrett, chairman and CEO of Cardinal Health.
Meanwhile, McKesson, which generally serves the PBM side of the business, also has announced the renewal of its current distribution agreement with CVS Caremark.
“We are extremely pleased to continue our long standing relationship with CVS Caremark,” stated Paul Julian, EVP and group president of McKesson. “McKesson’s comprehensive supply chain solutions continue to help CVS Caremark ensure the highest levels of product availability and product integrity, empowering CVS Caremark to provide outstanding pharmaceutical care to its customers.”