- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Packaged Facts: Sports drinks, nutrition bars a $10 billion business in 2013
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- FortiFX, celebrity chef Robert Irvine unveil new baked protein bars
SAN DIEGO — Cardium Therapeutics earlier this week announced its To Go Brands operating unit has expanded its VitaRocks kids' vitamins product line and that retail distribution has been expanded into select Target stores.
The VitaRocks products are inspired by a popping pellet candy that is popular with kids and represents a next-generation, easy-use delivery platform for multivitamins and nutrients, dietary supplements, and potentially over-the-counter medicines for children as well as adults, Cardium Therapeutics suggested.
"Special formulations allow VitaRocks to melt cleanly in the mouth and deliver vitamins and nutrients while being fun and great tasting," stated Hanna Wagari, Cardium VP sales and marketing. "Unlike many other products in this class, VitaRocks require no mixing with water and can be directly consumed. While the initial product line was designed for children, with the success of new adult multivitamin chews and gummies, consumers of all ages are increasingly seeking easy-to-use and great tasting nutritional products, and we believe that our VitaRocks platform aligns with this important and rapidly emerging trend."
VitaRocks products currently are available through specialty retailers, including Whole Foods, Sprouts and Vitamin Shoppe. The new product line will be available at the beginning of April 2013 in select Target stores.