- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- MedFolio launches electronic pillbox to improve patient adherence
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y. — Specialty pharmacy CareMed Pharmaceutical Services has received specialty pharmacy and mail-order pharmacy accreditations from URAC, the company said Wednesday.
URAC is a non-profit group that uses accreditation, education and measurement programs to promote healthcare quality. CareMed also received accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Health Care in 2009.
"CareMed's dual accreditation is a testament to our commitment to excellence," CareMed SVP sales and marketing John Witkowski said. "We take meeting the high standards and scrutiny of the URAC and ACHC very seriously, and we are honored to have earned dual accreditation."