- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CHPA announces its support for bill that would place age restrictions on DXM sale
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- CDC publishes guidelines for collaborative practice agreements
WASHINGTON — CastMedic Designs on Wednesday introduced its line of fashion accessories for medical walking boots.
Company founder Christina Daves developed MediFashions in 2010 after realizing no product like this currently existed. "With at least 1.5 to 2.5 million walking medical boots prescribed annually, why should that many people have to walk around in a big ugly boot? Why not have some fun?"bshe said.
The product line includes decorative faux-fur cuffs to wrap around the top of the boot; flowers and faux-fur accessories that are attached on any strap of the boot; a children's line of pin-back buttons worn on any strap of the boot; and decorative "socks" worn over the liner of the boot.