- Walgreens confident in Q2 results following Express Scripts exit Jan. 1
- Walgreens makes case of value outside of Express Scripts in SEC filing
- Walgreens setting stage for PBM selling season with 25-year vet at the helm
- Walgreens releases patient-level strategy to either keep or help transition ESI prescriptions
- Walgreens outlines impact scenarios from Express Scripts withdrawal
ROCKVILLE, Md. — Catalyst Health Solutions and Walgreens on Monday announced that the Federal Trade Commission has granted early termination of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended, in connection with Catalyst’s previously announced proposed acquisition of Walgreens Health Initiatives, the pharmacy benefit management subsidiary of Walgreens.
Completion of the proposed acquisition remains subject to other closing conditions. The companies continue to expect to complete the transaction in the first half of 2011.