- Merlo: CVS Caremark positioned to 'effectively compete' in PBM industry
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- CVS Caremark discusses WAG-Express Scripts impasse, narrower networks during Morgan Stanley event
- CVS Caremark names new president of CVS/pharmacy
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
NEW YORK — Pharmacy benefit manager Catamaran Corp. hopes to expand business with client Cigna Corp. and foresees other opportunities, according to published reports.
At Monday's J.P. Morgan healthcare conference in San Francisco, CEO Mark Thierer said the company was looking at big opportunities. The company already has accounts with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island, which it took over from CVS Caremark Corp., and a three-year contract with Target that it got from Express Scripts. Media reports quoted Thierer as saying that the company was looking at deals with two Fortune 10 companies.
The company has seen significant expansion in recent months, in December adding a new center of excellence in Indiana and adding two new board members, Betsy Holden and Karen Katen.