- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- CDC: Flu season past its peak but still going strong
- Flu-like activity picking up across South
- CDC: Flu activity remains elevated
ATLANTA — For the week ended Nov. 20, influenza activity increased slightly across the Southeast while remaining relatively low throughout the rest of the country, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Tuesday.
A total of 11 states reported no influenza activity for the period, the CDC reported.
One state, Georgia, experienced high influenza-like illness activity. While ILI is a nonspecific term and may be caused by a variety of organisms, the increase in ILI in Georgia has occurred at the same time as a significant increase in the number of reported influenza B virus infections.