- New York's online database of drug prescriptions curtailing 'doctor shopping'
- P&G's new Crest Be aims to offer 'unexpected experience'
- Update: P&G officially unveils smartphone-enabled toothbrush
- Mr. Clean gives Times Square a post-party scrub-down
- Study: Limiting NPs' scope of practice leads to higher costs
CINCINNATI — Pepto-Bismol once again is sponsoring the Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island, N.Y.
As part of its sponsorship, the brand has tapped celebrity Nick Cannon to grill hot dogs for the contest and serve contestants Pepto-Bismol to keep them going, the brand said. What's more, Pepto-Bismol also is the official sponsor of the women's competition, marking the first time female contestants' talents will be showcased in a separate contest.
"Pepto-Bismol loves the new twist on the Nathan's contest and jumped at the chance to be a part of the event," said Kristen Stutz, assistant brand manager at Procter & Gamble. "Regardless of who is competing, Nathan's is the epitome of summer celebrations, and we want to make sure people know if they happen to eat one too many hot dogs or chicken wings at their summer events, Pepto has their backs."