- Charmin introduces improved toilet paper
- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Little Busy Bodies announces licensing agreement with P&G
- Study finds double-digit growth in drug store loyalty programs
CINCINNATI — Procter & Gamble's Charmin brand broke the Guinness World Record for the world's largest toilet roll.
Charmin said on Friday, which marks National Toilet Paper Day, that the roll measures more than 8 ft. high and a diameter for more than 9 ft. wide and is made entirely of Charmin toilet tissue. The roll was created at P&G's Paper Products company, located outside of Cape Girardeau, Mo., and transported to P&G's headquarters in Cincinnati for the unveiling.
“We are thrilled to be able to celebrate National Toilet Paper Day in such a big way this year,” Charmin marketing director Scott Mautz said. “While National Toilet Paper Day may not be a widely known holiday, it is one that we hope to continue celebrating with our great consumers for years to come.”
For more information on Charmin’s National Toilet Paper Day celebration, visit the brand on Facebook.