- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
MIAMI — Navarro Discount Pharmacies has tapped a TV personality to serve as its celebrity spokesman.
Chef Pepin now is part of Navarro’s overall marketing campaign and expansion strategy, the Miami-based drug store chain said. In addition to promoting a healthy lifestyle to Navarro's customers through in-store demonstrations and other outreach efforts, Pepin will assist with the promotion of the company's extensive line of household appliances -- currently available in stores and soon to be available online.
The healthy-eating promotion is part of Navarro's Diabetes Club, which focuses on nutrition, exercise and prevention for adults and children, the retailer said. “Chef Pepin is an icon to Hispanics and Latinos everywhere,” said Steve Kaczynski, Navarro Discount Pharmacies CEO. “Together, we will educate Hispanics about adopting a healthier approach to food and how to cook healthy.”