- House introduces bill to place age restriction on DXM purchase
- Report: DXM abuse down among high school seniors
- CHPA announces its support for bill that would place age restrictions on DXM sale
- Washington state places age restriction on purchase of DXM
- California bill would allow pharmacists to dispense overdose remedy without prescription
WASHINGTON — Making a direct appeal to teens, the Consumer Healthcare Products Association has created the website DXMstories.org that directly engages young adults around the dangers of dextromethorphan abuse with provocative video clips featuring peer anecdotes.
The site shares the effects of DXM abuse along with anecdotal stories from former teen abusers and encourages viewers to "draw your own conclusions about DXM." All information on the site is sourced to medical research, reliable news sources and from people who themselves have abused DXM.
The site is hosted in conjunction with the Partnership at Drugfree.org.