- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- Walgreens offers free blood-pressure testing in support of American Heart Month
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Christie Clinic last week announced it had entered into a purchase agreement with Walgreens for the sale of two of the former's pharmacy operations.
Walgreens will lease the space currently occupied by Christie Clinic for its new operations. The transfer is expected to be completed by the end of March. Walgreens plans to keep both pharmacy locations open and is renovating the facilities, including new signage.
Both pharmacies will be closed on March 31 and April 1 for minor renovations, as well as operational changes, and will open as Walgreens at 8:00 a.m. on April 2, the clinic operator said.
Christie Clinic operates 14 clinic locations throughout east central Illinois, as well as the Christie Clinic Cancer Center and C U Sleep, which houses the Department of Sleep Medicine.