- Cuomo supports Binghamton University's pharmacy school
- New York's online database of drug prescriptions curtailing 'doctor shopping'
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- SheaMoisture to sponsor Korto Momolu collection at NY Fashion Week
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
NEW YORK — "The Colbert Report" on Wednesday hosted a segment “Tip of the Hat; Wag of the Finger” that featured — and poked a little fun at — Walgreens’ private-label beer Big Flats 1901.
The American lager is so named as an homage to the flat boats that traveled rivers delivering goods to early settlers.
Walgreens' 50-cents-per-can beer is brewed by Genesee Brewery, which has been brewing Genesee beer in Rochester, N.Y., since 1878.
The full video is available here.