- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
- Pfizer forms licensing agreement with Seattle Genetics
HUDDINGE, Sweden — Meda has launched a new cold sore treatment made by commercialization partner Medivir, Medivir said Tuesday.
The Swedish drug maker launched Xerese (acyclovir and hydrocortisone), a topical combination product designed to treat recurrent herpes simplex labialis.
Medivir said the U.S. market for cold sore products is $230 million, and it expected the drug to be successful, given Meda’s presence in the U.S. market.