- Study: Whooping cough vaccine may not prevent infection
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Crossmark names Janet Carter-Smith VP
- Study: Pharmacist intervention improves shingles vaccine rate
- Chickenpox vaccine does not appear to increase incidence of shingles, study finds
HUDDINGE, Sweden — Meda has launched a new cold sore treatment made by commercialization partner Medivir, Medivir said Tuesday.
The Swedish drug maker launched Xerese (acyclovir and hydrocortisone), a topical combination product designed to treat recurrent herpes simplex labialis.
Medivir said the U.S. market for cold sore products is $230 million, and it expected the drug to be successful, given Meda’s presence in the U.S. market.