- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- NCPA launches toolkit to help independents connect directly to employers, health payers
WHAT IT MEANS AND WHY IT'S IMPORTANT It matters most what big healthcare payers think of pharmacy and its role in health care. Perdue Farms has 22,000 employees, and operates more than 15 employee health-and-wellness centers. And chief medical officer Roger Merrill believes in pharmacists. He says they know more about drugs than he does.
(THE NEWS: NACDS names Roger Merrill 'Pharmacy Great Communicator.' For the full story, click here)
That big newspapers are finally starting to pick up on the language of "pharmacist as physician extender" is huge; that big payers like Perdue Farms are echoing these sentiments is even bigger than that.