- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Avella Specialty Pharmacy names new CEO
- Regional chains, suppliers gather for NACDS Regional Chain Conference
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals' Craig Wheeler named GPhA chairman
- NACDS Retail Advisory Board turns to London for new market trends
WASHINGTON — The Grocery Manufacturers Association elected a new chairman for its board of directors.
Gary Rodkin, ConAgra Foods CEO, will serve as chairman of GMA's board, effective Feb. 16. Rodkin will serve a two-year term.
Prior to this position, Rodkin served as GMA's vice chairman, as well as chairman of the organization's government affairs council. Rodkin has worked at ConAgra since 2005.
In related news, GMA also announced the election of five new members of the board of directors:
J.S. Brown III, president and CEO of Bruce Foods (ex-officio);
John Bryant, president and CEO of Kellogg;
Robert Gamgort, CEO of Pinnacle Foods Group;
Larry Pope, president and CEO of Smithfield Foods; and
David Yanda, president and CEO of Lakeside Foods.