- U.S. healthcare system should look to VA as baby boomers turn to Medicare
- Seniors likely won't sway from benefit plan
- NCPA urges Medicare to extend DMEPOS accreditation deadline
- Walmart, Humana roll out low-cost Rx plan in move that could roil Medicare market
- $2 solution: WMT, Humana play low-price card
ARLINGTON, Va. — The Healthcare Distribution Management Association on Wednesday honored Rep. Gene Green, D-Texas, with its Rx Safety and Healthcare Leadership Award.
The award recognizes public officials for their leadership and commitment to public policies that support and promote the safe and efficient delivery of life-saving medicines to patients nationwide.
“Congressman Green understands and advocates for policies that promote a safe and efficient supply chain, recognizing the importance of HDMA distributors in providing important medications to patients across the country,” HDMA president and CEO John Gray said. “His continued effort to ensure the proper treatment of prompt pay discounts in pharmaceutical reimbursement calculations used in Medicare will, if enacted, lead to more accessible, more affordable health care for Americans nationwide.”