- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie offer prescriptions at no upfront cost to insurance marketplace enrollees
- Bi-Lo Holdings to sell seven stores to Publix
- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie collectively raise more than $450,000 in support of Susan G. Komen
- Parent company of Bi-Lo, Winn Dixie files IPO registration
- Reports: Bi-Lo to retire Sweetbay, Reid's brands
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Motorists have saved more than $35 million on fuel purchases since Winn-Dixie introduced its Fuelperks! program in Panama City, Fla., three years ago, Winn-Dixie announced Thursday. Since then, the program has spread to all of Florida (except the Pensacola area), and also is available in south Georgia, part of Alabama and southeast Louisiana, where Winn-Dixie has stores.
“With an average fuel price of $3.29 per gallon, you would have nearly 1,200 tanker trucks lined up bumper to bumper for more than 13 miles. That’s what $35 million worth of fuel looks like,” Winn-Dixie’s group VP marketing Mary Kellmanson said. “That gives you an idea of the savings of Fuelperks! And that’s on top of the savings found by shopping at Winn-Dixie.”
Winn-Dixie credits its Fuelperks! program success to the Winn-Dixie’s Customer Reward Card, which has a magnetic strip on the back, similar to a debit or credit card. To redeem Fuelperks!, Winn-Dixie guests insert their Customer Reward Card at the pump of any of the more than 900 participating Shell stations and can watch the price roll back according to the amount of discounts rewards they have accumulated.
Winn-Dixie’s Fuelperks! program is an alliance with Excentus Corp., a retail marketing coalition specializing in fuel-based reward programs, and Shell.