- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Living Essentials brings shots of energy to shelves
- Wholesale clubs report rise in April sales
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Interbrand ranks top U.S. retail brands
ISSAQUAH, Wash. — Costco announced on Thursday that sales for the month of July rose 7% as same-store sales climbed 4%.
For the four weeks ended Aug. 4, sales rose 7% to $7.87 billion. Same-store sales for the company rose 4%, while same-store sales for the United States also rose 4%.
Costco currently operates 632 warehouses, including 451 in the United States and Puerto Rico, 85 in Canada, 33 in Mexico, 25 in the United Kingdom, 17 in Japan, nine in Taiwan, nine in Korea and three in Australia. The company plans to open up to an additional two new warehouses prior to the end of its fiscal year on Sept. 1.