- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Living Essentials brings shots of energy to shelves
- Morningstar names Costco's Jim Sinegal CEO of the Year
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Wholesale clubs report rise in April sales
ISSAQUAH, Wash. — Club retailer Costco Wholesale announced Thursday sales grew by 7% in March compared with March 2012, the company said.
Costco reported net sales for the month of $9.67 billion, compared with $9.07 billion during the same period last year.
For the 31-week period that ended on Sunday, sales were $61.02 billion, an 8% increase over the same period last year, when sales were $56.34 billion.
The Issaquah, Wash.-based chain currently operates 626 stores, including 449 in the United States.