- Target unveils new Sonia Kashuk beauty for spring 2014
- FIT's Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing program celebrates 25 years
- Allure magazine reveals '2013 Best of Beauty Awards' winners
- NPD Group: Men's fragrance leads way in United States, U.K.
- Revlon's Parfumerie collection brings fragrance to nails
NEW YORK — The superstars of the fragrance industry were honored this week at The Fragrance Foundation Awards event held at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center in New York City.
Comedian and Emmy Award Winner Dana Carvey hosted the event supported by presenters from fashion, fragrance and entertainment arenas.
Award presenters and attendees included: Ford model Alana Zimmer, magazine editor and fashion personality Andre Leon Talley, Net-A-Porter’s Annelise Peterson, actress Connie Britton of the TV series “Nashville,” Queen of Burlesque, fashion/fragrance icon Dita Von Teese, deejay Donna D’Cruz, actress Jessica Szohr of “The Internship,” Australian identical twin models Jordan and Zac Stenmark, fashion designers Ken Kaufman & Isaac Franco of KAUFMANFRANCO, IMG model Kiara Kabukuru, fashion designer Maria Cornejo, Public School fashion designers Maxwell Osborne & Dao-Yi Chow, President Obama’s inaugural poet Richard Blanco, American singer, songwriter and model Sky Ferreira, and stylist Ty Hunter.
“The Fragrance Foundation Awards have been referred to as the ‘Oscars’ of our industry because we honor the year’s highest achievements,” stated Elizabeth Musmanno, president of The Fragrance Foundation. “We are thrilled to come together to celebrate and congratulate all the finalists and winners.”
Taylor Swift took a break from her Red Tour to accept the Fragrance Celebrity of the Year for her back-to-back successful launches of Wonderstruck and Wonderstruck Enchanted by Elizabeth Arden. The award secures her place in fragrance history and raises awareness for her soon-to-be- released third fragrance, Taylor by Taylor Swift.
Justin Bieber continues to demonstrate his star power with just one tweet to his 40 million plus followers. He invited them to cast a vote on fragrance.org for Girlfriend and won the Women’s Consumer Choice Award. Justin Bieber’s Girlfriend also won for Popular Fragrance of the Year Women’s.
Actress Connie Britton presented Allure’s Linda Wells with the Hall of Fame Award. Linda Wells is the first magazine editor to win this honor. Her creative vision and work at Allure won 16 Fragrance Foundation Awards, Ad Age’s A-List Award and Allure has landed on AdWeek’s Hot List five times.
Patrick Firmenich, CEO of Firmenich, presented master perfumer, Alberto Morillas, with the Foundation’s first Perfumer of the Year Lifetime Achievement Award. Morillas was honored for over four decades of his fragrance creations that included legendary launches such as ckone, Estée Lauder Pleasures and Marc Jacobs Daisy.
The Fragrance Foundation Award winners include:
- Best Packaging of the Year Men’s – Montblanc Legend by Interparfums Luxury Brands
- Best Packaging of the Year Women’s – Florabotanica Balenciaga Paris by Coty Prestige
- Fragrance Celebrity of the Year – Taylor Swift
- Consumer Choice Award Men’s – Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza
- Consumer Choice Award Women’s – Justin Bieber’s Girlfriend
- Retail Innovation of the Year – QVC
- Media Campaign of the Year Men’s – Dolce & Gabbana the one for men Sport by P&G Prestige Products
- Media Campaign of the Year Women’s – Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme by P&G Prestige Products
- Hall of Fame – Linda Wells, Editor in Chief of Allure magazine
- Fragrance of the Year Popular Men’s – James Bond 007 by P&G Prestige Products
- Fragrance of the Year Popular Women’s – Justin Bieber’s Girlfriend by Elizabeth Arden
- Fragrance of the Year Prestige Men’s – Tom Ford Noir by Tom Ford Beauty
- Fragrance of the Year Prestige Women’s – DOT Marc Jacobs by Coty
- Prestige Fragrance of the Year Luxury Men’s – Colonia Intensa Oud by Acqua Di Parma
- Fragrance of the Year Luxury Women’s – Florabotanica Balenciaga Paris by Coty Prestige
- Fragrance Hall of Fame - Red Door by Elizabeth Arden
- Perfume Extraordinaire - Robertet for Black Saffron by Byredo Parfums, Perfumer: Jerome Epinette
- Perfumer of the Year Lifetime Achievement – Alberto Morillas, Master Perfumer for Firmenich
Get connected and follow us on LinkedIn for the most in-depth coverage of drug store news. Join the conversation.