- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Consumers' cough-cold agenda influenced by retailers, suppliers
- FDA limits amount of acetaminophen in prescription drugs
- Fortune names Wegmans, Whole Foods, Publix top employers
MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. — Prestige Brands became one of the first cough-cold marketers to develop a branded smart-phone app to help moms hone in on the most appropriate PediaCare remedy for their sick children. It’s not a bad play; a recent Millennial Media report indicated that in 2010, 32% of moms owned a smart phone, versus 20% in 2009.
The new PediaCare iPhone app coincides with the launch of PediaCare’s new, safe and effective cold-flu-fever medicines — with and without acetaminophen — that match the formulations of children’s Tylenol products that were recalled.