- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Pedigree, 'Annie' raise $1 million to help dogs
- CoverGirl spokeswoman Queen Latifah reigns as Pantene's newest brand ambassador
- Pop star Katy Perry to be the newest face of CoverGirl
- Supermarket profit margin explored in FMI's latest 'Supermarket Fact Video Series'
HUNT VALLEY, Md. — Procter & Gamble’s CoverGirl beauty brand has announced its first-ever major movie sponsorship of Lionsgate's “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” which is scheduled for release in North American theaters on Nov. 22.
CoverGirl will launch a first-of-its-kind creative advertising campaign inspired by the film, featuring new products from the brand's upcoming Capitol Collection from “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” to be announced at a later date.
"With ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ partnership, we wanted to redefine cosmetics' relationship to film with a fantasy-meets-reality beauty experience," stated Esi Eggleston Bracey, VP and GM of Global P&G Cosmetics. "The film-inspired CoverGirl campaign coming out this fall truly will bring beauty transformation to life in an aspirational, dramatic fashion. All of us at CoverGirl were captivated by Suzanne Collins ' novels and the first film, so we're thrilled to collaborate with Lionsgate on such a bold beauty partnership with the release of ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.’"
Lionsgate and CoverGirl celebrated the movie partnership at a Cannes Film Festival Gala on May 18.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.