- Peter Lamas Products at Duane Reade flagship store
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Febreze launches new collection specifically designed to aid in a better night's sleep
- CoverGirl, NFL partner to offer female fans team-inspired nail looks
- CoverGirl launches new Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss
HUNT VALLEY, Md. — Procter & Gamble’s CoverGirl beauty brand has announced its first-ever major movie sponsorship of Lionsgate's “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” which is scheduled for release in North American theaters on Nov. 22.
CoverGirl will launch a first-of-its-kind creative advertising campaign inspired by the film, featuring new products from the brand's upcoming Capitol Collection from “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” to be announced at a later date.
"With ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ partnership, we wanted to redefine cosmetics' relationship to film with a fantasy-meets-reality beauty experience," stated Esi Eggleston Bracey, VP and GM of Global P&G Cosmetics. "The film-inspired CoverGirl campaign coming out this fall truly will bring beauty transformation to life in an aspirational, dramatic fashion. All of us at CoverGirl were captivated by Suzanne Collins ' novels and the first film, so we're thrilled to collaborate with Lionsgate on such a bold beauty partnership with the release of ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.’"
Lionsgate and CoverGirl celebrated the movie partnership at a Cannes Film Festival Gala on May 18.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.