- CRN to host free webinar on supplement regs for Pharmacist Society
- Survey: Supplement users make healthier lifestyle choices
- Registered dietitians most likely to practice what they preach
- Council for Responsible Nutrition, Natural Products Association respond to British Medical Journal meta-analysis
- Naturade intros Sam's Club exclusive adult nutrition shake
MANNO, SWITZERLAND — The Council for Responsible Nutrition-International on Thursday named several new officers to its board of directors.
Herbalife's John Venardos has been elected chairman and Tyler Whitehead of Nu Skin Enterprises has been elected vice chairman. The Vitamin Shoppe's David Morrison has been named secretary; Carl Hastings of Reliv International has been named treasurer; and Mark LeDoux of Natural Alternatives International has become the immediate past chairman.
The officers were elected March 21 at the annual CRN-I members meeting in Washington, and each will serve a two-year term.
CRN-I was formed in February 2010 to provide science-based information to regulators, healthcare professionals and the media, particularly those outside the United States, supporting the safety and benefit of dietary ingredients and dietary/food supplements, and to promote sound nutrition and food safety policies well grounded in science.
CRN-I will host a scientific symposium — “Nutrient Reference Values for Bioactives: New Approaches” — in Germany in December, prior to the Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses meeting.