- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- FDA cracks down on illegal concussion claims
- Diplomat becomes distributor of recently approved cancer drug
- FDA advisory panel to consider OTC status of NSAIDs
WASHINGTON The Council for Responsible Nutrition on Thursday announced the Food and Drug Administration's principal deputy commissioner Joshua Sharfstein is slated to return as a keynote speaker at The Conference, CRN’s annual symposium for the dietary supplement industry.
Sharfstein will make the opening address to attendees, providing an update on the FDA’s dietary supplement-related regulatory activities on Sept. 30.
Sharfstein will discuss the impact of the current regulatory landscape of the recently fully implemented dietary supplement good manufacturing practices, as well as the adverse event reporting law. Sharfstein also will provide attendees with advice on what a responsible industry can do to aid the FDA in its mission to protect the public health.
Additionally, Sharfstein will update conference attendees on critical supplement industry issues, such as the new dietary ingredient notification guidance.