- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens to offer workers health insurance through marketplace managed by Aon Hewitt Corp. Health Exchange
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. — "American Idol" sensation Crystal Bowersox will deliver an acoustic performance at the second Walk with Walgreens Family Fun Day and Health Fair, to be held March 24, the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation announced Friday.
Walgreens of South Florida has been encouraging customers, employees and community members to participate in the Walk throughout stores and via its dedicated website, WalgreensWalkDRI.com. More than 5,000 people are expected to participate simultaneously at five locations. "Promoting good health in our community is part of the 'Walgreens Way,' as we say," said Roy Ripak, market VP at Walgreens. "And there's no better way to promote it than to get out there ourselves and do it."
Walgreens pharmacists will be on hand for the event, as will representatives from various health-related vendors. "Last year, we were so impressed by the efforts Walgreens made to create this fundraiser for us. It is exciting to see the event, as well as our partnership, grow," stated Robert Pearlman, president and CEO of the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation. "And we couldn't be more thrilled to have a well-known diabetes advocate like Crystal Bowersox perform for everyone."
Bowersox, 26, is insulin-dependent and was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was 6 years old. Also available for autographs will be the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders, as well as former Dolphins players.