- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
DREXEL HILL, Pa. — The Community Specialty Pharmacy Network has entered a contract with Dara BioSciences to distribute a nonsteroidal anti-estrogen product.
CSPN announced the agreement with Dara to distribute Soltamox (tamoxifen) solution for oral administration. The drug, a treatment for breast cancer, is for patients who have difficulty swallowing pills.
"Compliance and adherence to prescribed tamoxifen therapy is a critical issue in patient care and may affect treatment outcomes," Dara BioSciences VP sales, marketing and business development David Benharris said. "Soltamox provides a unique treatment option for those patients with swallowing difficulties or who simply prefer an oral liquid over tablet or pills."