- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- More than a dozen health information exchanges, service providers join Surescripts
- Chobani gives a boost to Team USA on the journey to Sochi
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
NORWICH, N.Y. — Since word of mouth was the driving force behind the success of Chobani, it was a natural fit to feature actual users in its first major ad campaign this spring. The company also recently launched Chobani Champions, the first-ever Greek yogurt for kids. The smaller-portion, 3.5-oz. cup (100 calories) is available in two flavors: Honey-Nana and VeryBerry. Also new in the company’s core Chobani Greek yogurt line are lemon, mango and black cherry flavors.
Yogurt category sales numbered $4.3 billion, up 9.1%, for the 52 weeks ended March 20 at food, drug and mass (excluding Walmart), according to SymphonyIRI Group data.