- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS Caremark elected on March 29 former Johnson & Johnson CEO William Weldon to serve on its board of directors, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Weldon is the former chairman of the board and CEO of Johnson & Johnson, having served in those positions from 2002 until his retirement as CEO in April 2012 and his retirement from the board in December 2012. Weldon previously served in a variety of senior executive positions during his 41-year career with J&J.
He is also a director of financial services company JPMorgan Chase & Co. Weldon’s experience in managing a global healthcare company and his deep knowledge of the worldwide healthcare market across multiple sectors makes him well suited to serve on the board, CVS Caremark stated in the filing. His background in international business management and operating in the highly-regulated healthcare industry is also greatly valued by the board, the company noted.