- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — In honor of American Pharmacists Month, CVS Caremark is recognizing the role pharmacists and pharmacy technicians play in the U.S. healthcare system.
CVS Caremark said it will publicly recognize its more than 26,000 pharmacists and their commitment to patient care during the month of October with ads in industry trade publications and on its in-store radio network. What's more, the company also will salute its 50,000 pharmacy technicians later this month on Oct. 25, which is Pharmacy Technician Day.
"Pharmacists are consistently ranked by the public as being the most accessible and among the most trustworthy health care providers in the community," CVS Caremark president and CEO Larry Merlo said. "CVS Caremark's pharmacists play an important role in supporting our goal to provide greater access, convenience and quality pharmacy care to patients."
According to a study conducted by the company last year, face-to-face interaction with a pharmacist was the most effective method of communication to get patients to take their medicine as prescribed.