- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- CVS Caremark appoints Helena Foulkes president of CVS/pharmacy
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS Caremark has announced that Accordant Health Services has launched an updated website and member portal, which provides new features and services for program members and helps support and improve member engagement and participation for clients.
Accordant.com now provides eligible members with online access to educational materials, videos, communication tools and community resources that encompass 17 conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, Crohn's disease and sickle cell disease. In addition, Accordant.com is now integrated with the Accordant Care Management System, which enables personalized and secure on-line communication between Accordant nurses and program members.
The new Accordant.com features offer members the option to choose how, when and where they access the Accordant program. New features include:
- "Let us Know" box on the home page of the website where members can submit questions about their health and their treatment regimen;
- New message center where members receive private messages filled with tips and tools for managing their condition;
- New content where members can find articles, tools and brochures to keep them up-to-date on the latest health information related to their condition; and
- Through the portal, members also can share health information with clinical team members and exchange secure messages with Accordant clinicians at times that are most convenient for them.
"The launch of our member portal marks an important milestone for Accordant," stated Trip Hofer, president of Accordant Health Services. "While most health management organizations position online tools and services as distinct and separate from those provided on the telephone or via mail, we recognize that health care doesn't happen at a single point in time or through only one channel. The updated member portal at Accordant.com offers a digital experience that further enables Accordant to proactively support and empower individuals with rare conditions to improve their total health and manage their multiple and complex needs."
Access to Accordant.com is included with enrollment in the program. Ongoing enhancements to the website are planned throughout 2013 and 2014, and include expanded health assessments, call scheduling capabilities, online chat with Accordant nurses and advanced educational curricula.