- Merlo: CVS Caremark positioned to 'effectively compete' in PBM industry
- CVS Caremark's Jim Trappani steps down
- CVS Caremark names new president of CVS/pharmacy
- At Analyst Day, CVS Caremark unveils host of new initiatives across the board — front-end, pharmacy, clinics and PBM
- CVS Caremark, Hispanic Heritage Foundation partner to inspire future Latino healthcare leaders
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust has announced the donation of $100,000 to the American Red Cross in support of relief efforts under way in Japan following last week's tragic earthquake and tsunami, with a potential total donation of up to $300,000 through the matching of CVS Caremark employee donations.
"With the impact of this terrible event still occurring, and given the potential for serious long-term health challenges across northeastern Japan, we are providing support to the American Red Cross as it helps the Japanese Red Cross provide first aid, emotional support and relief items to those who have been displaced," stated Eileen Howard Boone, CVS Caremark Charitable Trust VP.
CVS Caremark stated that it is working with the Red Cross to establish a dedicated online donation portal for any of its approximately 200,000 employees who want to contribute. The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust will match employee donations up to $100,000.
"This contribution from the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust is critically important as we work to provide help and hope to survivors of the Japan earthquake and Pacific tsunami," added Michael Brown, VP corporate and foundation giving at the American Red Cross. "In times of disaster, assistance from our corporate partners is key to our ability to fulfill our humanitarian mission."