- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS/pharmacy officially unveils new myWeekly Ad digital circular
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- CVS' Rob Price talks to Yahoo! Finance about myWeekly Ad
- CVS focuses on personalization at IRI Summit
CVS provided a healthy dose of convenience to urban dwellers with the opening of its Urban Cluster store concept late last year. The stores have a decidedly unique bend, being stocked with a broad range of consumables, including an expanded pantry offering and a selection of affordable wines priced under $7.
The Grab & Go prepared foods — an array of prepared sandwiches, salads and fresh fruit individually wrapped for sanitary purposes — are just what the doctor ordered for on-the-go consumers. The section also includes such healthy beverages as Muscle Milk and Zico coconut water. A large cooler section houses deli meats, cheese, frozen foods, yogurt, soda and beer.
The expanded consumables section has been moved to the left side of the store to be near the door — a prominent location that makes the section impossible to overlook and easy to access. Plans call for an expansion of the concept to 300 of CVS’ 7,100-plus stores by the end of the year, according to company spokesman Mike DeAngelis.