- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- CVS Caremark's Cheryl Mahoney assumes new role; new head of beauty/personal care named
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- CVS Caremark discusses WAG-Express Scripts impasse, narrower networks during Morgan Stanley event
- Strong 3Q, ability to retain ESI patients, finds CVS Caremark execs bullish
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — Starting this month, more than 2,000 CVS/pharmacy stores will have special in-store kiosks that showcase the latest trends and innovations in nail care, the retail pharmacy chain said Thursday.
Nail HQ will debut a former salon-exclusive – gel nail technology – with new products from SensatioNail and Sally Hansen. Nail HQ will also feature an array of new shade options and allow shoppers to view polish shades outside of the bottles through nail color strip displays. The Nuance Salma Hayek line, a CVS/pharmacy exclusive brand developed in partnership with actress Salma Hayek, will be introducing the 32-sku nail lacquer collection. In addition, nail brand essie will launch its newest collections at the Nail HQ every month.
The company said its support for the category stemmed from a 40% increase in nail care sales since 2011 and annual double-digit growth every year since 2008.
"With nail care sales booming, it's clear that customers are looking to CVS/pharmacy to find the latest innovation that the category has to offer," CVS/pharmacy VP beauty Cheryl Mahoney said. "With the launch of the CVS/pharmacy Nail HQ, we are able to feature a wide variety of the best new nail trends and technologies that [a customer] can experience in our stores and then apply for herself at home — all with the added convenience of shopping at her local CVS/pharmacy."