- CVS' Rob Price talks to Yahoo! Finance about myWeekly Ad
- CVS/pharmacy officially unveils new myWeekly Ad digital circular
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- Walgreens, Rite Aid join outcry over Boston Rolling Stone cover
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS/pharmacy has launched its new CVS Express Photo app, which enables Facebook users to order prints from their Facebook albums without leaving the website, with prints ready for pickup in about an hour at their local CVS/pharmacy.
"Facebook has become a popular and easy way to share photos online with family and friends," stated Grant Pill, VP merchandising for CVS/pharmacy. "We introduced the CVS Express Photo app to give people the ability to print photos and share them offline with the same ease by picking them up at any CVS/pharmacy location in as little as an hour."
To get started, customers can visit Facebook.com/CVS and click the "photo app" tab at the top of the page. Once customers provide permission to allow the application to access their account to retrieve photos, prints can be ordered in four steps: choose photos, review cart, select store and then submit to print. Three print sizes currently are available through the application — customers can order 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10 prints.
The new CVS Express Photo app, which was developed by Marketing Drive, alerts users when an image is not high-resolution enough for clear print quality, typically when printed at larger sizes.