- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- 'Well positioned' for changes in health care, CVS Caremark delivers strong Q2
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
LOUISVILLE, Ky. and WOONSOCKET, R.I. — Looking to help Americans better understand their healthcare coverage options under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Humana and CVS/pharmacy announced on Friday a strategic retail partnership.
Humana representatives will be present at CVS/pharmacy’s Project Health events starting this month. Humana also will hold in-store events at CVS/pharmacy locations to educate individuals and their families about healthcare coverage options under the ACA.
- CVS/pharmacy’s Project Health – Project Health is a CVS/pharmacy wellness program designed to improve access to health care and deliver preventive services. Humana representatives will be present to answer questions about health coverage under ACA at 80 CVS/pharmacy Project Health weekly events in such states as Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan and Texas during the months of October and November.
- Health coverage information – Humana representatives also will be in more than 500 CVS/pharmacy stores located in 12-of-the-4 states where Humana is offering individual health insurance as a Qualified Health Plan on federal and state individual market public exchanges. Representatives will answer questions that individuals and their families may have about their health coverage options. Representatives will be in CVS stores select Wednesdays, between the hours of 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., throughout the six-month open enrollment period for the Health Insurance Marketplace, which started Oct. 1.
“Providing information about new health insurance coverage opportunities is in keeping with our purpose of helping people on their path to better health,” stated Helena Foulkes, EVP and chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer for CVS Caremark. “We are pleased to combine our innovative suite of services and our new and existing relationships with such organizations as Humana to help patients understand and have access to information about insurance options in their community.”
Humana and CVS/pharmacy also will provide educational brochures and other materials that will be available to individuals and their families.
People can visit HCR411.com in order to find the closest CVS/pharmacy store that has a Humana representative. Individuals can view a listing of the stores that have Humana representatives, as well as the dates and times they’ll be in store by typing in their zip code.