- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- CVS/pharmacy officially unveils new myWeekly Ad digital circular
- 'Well positioned' for changes in health care, CVS Caremark delivers strong Q2
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — As expected, CVS/pharmacy officially has introduced a new line of store-brand products called Just the Basics, which is comprised of household essentials. As previously reported by Drug Store News, the retailer unveiled plans to launch the new line during its 2010 analyst day in October.
The new product line, exclusively available at CVS/pharmacy, is comprised of nearly 100 items, and there are plans to expand the line going forward.
"We know our customers want an option to save where they can so they can spend where they want," stated Grant Pill, VP merchandising for CVS/pharmacy. "Just the Basics offers smart simplicity with a full line of basic products that customers need to get them through the day with even lower prices and the added convenience of shopping at CVS/pharmacy."
Just the Basics offers shoppers a large selection of practical items from a variety of categories throughout the store, including household, beauty, baby and personal care. The products start at 67 cents and can be found at store locations nationwide and online at CVS.com.
During the analyst day meeting in October, CVS executives told attendees that its private-label penetration is expected to grow to more than 20% in the next two to three years. To drive that growth and take a leadership role in private label, CVS hit the drawing board to develop the Just the Basics line.