- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- CVS/pharmacy officially unveils new myWeekly Ad digital circular
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS/pharmacy has updated its mobile application so shoppers now can digitally store their ExtraCare card in their smartphone, eliminating the need to carry an ExtraCare card when shopping.
The CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare Rewards Program is the largest retail rewards program with more than 69 million active cardholders, and the redesigned and updated CVS mobile app now allows members to simply scan the barcode on the back of their card or type in their account number manually. After the barcode is captured, customers' smartphones will work just like ExtraCare cards at the register.
Available as a free download from Apple's App Store or through Google Play, the CVS app also offers prescription management, mobile shopping, store locating services and access to the CVS/pharmacy weekly circular.
"During the past few months, we've significantly expanded the mobile options available to our digitally minded customers with the goal of creating the most personalized and accessible shopping experience," stated Rob Price, SVP marketing and chief marketing officer for CVS/pharmacy. "ExtraCare members can use the new CVS mobile app to easily store their ExtraCare cards and can also have full access to their ExtraCare accounts right from their smartphones, making it even easier to view their personalized offers and ExtraBucks Rewards."
In addition to access to their ExtraCare barcodes, shoppers using the CVS mobile app will find a redesigned look and feel. The updated interface includes quick thumb links to such features as:
- Prescription refill scanner;
- CVS/pharmacy store and MinuteClinic locators;
- Mobile weekly circular with local deals and promotions;
- Access to ExtraCare account; and
- Full m-commerce shopping.
Shoppers can download the applications from their devices or by visiting CVS.com/OnTheGo. The addition of more digital options for the ExtraCare Rewards Program is the latest in a series of new features and enhancements CVS/pharmacy has rolled out for ExtraCare, enabling members of the program to customize their benefits to fit their unique interests and shopping preferences.