- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- Sixteen companies producing 36% of calories from packaged foods, beverages remove 6.4 trillion calories from marketplace
- Maker of Clif energy bars expands portfolio with Zbar protein bar for kids
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
BENICIA, Calif. — CytoSport on Tuesday launched Evolve, a naturally flavored protein shake that will serve as a complement to any woman's evolution toward a healthy lifestyle. Shaped by Muscle Milk, Evolve is the latest protein beverage innovation to hit CytoSport's portfolio. Available in early January 2013, Evolve can be found in the weight management or protein nutrition aisle at retailers nationwide.
"Women today find themselves balancing combinations of careers, social and family life," stated Nikki Brown, CytoSport CMO. "As a working mother of three, I can identify," she said. "Evolve is a delicious, low-calorie, protein-enhanced complement to an active, healthy lifestyle."
Packaged in an 8.25-oz. portable Tetra Pak four-pack, Evolve is sweetened with stevia, cane sugar and monk fruit. Tonalin CLA, an ingredient in Evolve, helps reduce body fat, maintains lean muscle mass and improves body composition. "We were looking for a premium ingredient that would appeal to women and provide an added functional benefit," Brown said. "Tonalin CLA is backed with research and is proven to be safe and efficacious. It not only helps enhance our shakes, but it also provides Evolve with an advantage over other beverage options."
Evolve is lactose and gluten free and contains 110 calories, including 12 g of high-quality protein and 20 vitamins and minerals, and is an excellent source of fiber. The new RTD is available in five flavors: chocolate, vanilla cream, strawberry, mixed berry and café latte.