- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Boots' No7 Men skin care collection comes to Walgreens, Duane Reade
- 15th annual NACDS Foundation Dinner raises more than $1.8M
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
NEW YORK — Famed Mets baseball player Darryl Strawberry is expected to join the "One Shot At A Million" festivities today, which is part of Duane Reade's 50th anniversary celebration.
The event will take place at Duane Reade at 40 Wall St. and Chase Manhattan Plaza from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
At the retailer's 50th anniversary celebration, which will include a special appearance by Strawberry, the winner of Duane Reade's 50th anniversary contest will have a chance to choose 1-of-50 bags, one of which contains a check for $1 million and the other 49 a check for $5,000.
As part of the festivities, New York deejay/rapper and producer, DJ Clue, will MC the event, which also will include a giveaway of 50 pairs of New York Mets tickets, product sampling and distribution of special offers to the public.