- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Study pinpoints protective genetic mutations for Type 2 diabetes
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- Sam's Club donates $1.25 million to expand YMCA health, wellness initiatives; retailer offers diabetes screenings
- Google testing contact lens that works as glucose meter
MADEIRA BEACH, Fla. — A nonprofit charity that focuses on diabetes prevention efforts announced the launch of a calendar of events on its website, in line with what has been designated as Defeat Diabetes Month.
The Defeat Diabetes Foundation said that the calendar is designed to empower families with tools to prevent diabetes or related complications. The calendar also provides links to articles, downloads, tools, puzzles and games, nutrition tips, healthy recipes and more.
"We are providing information and activities focused on getting you to live just a little bit healthier each and every day," said Andrew Mandell, executive director of DDF. "People know that many of their eating and/or exercise habits are bad for their health, but they aren't sure how to break them. Defeat Diabetes Month is a great way to start."