- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
SALISBURY, N.C. — In honor of Veterans Day on Nov. 11, Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's stores will offer a 10% discount to active and retired military personnel to show their support and appreciation for those who currently are serving or have served in the U.S. Armed Forces, the retailers, which are part of Delhaize Group, reported.
To receive the discount, active military, reservists and veterans should request the discount at check-out along with their MVP card.
"We proudly support the men and women who have served our country," said Cathy Green Burns, president of Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's. "On this day when Americans will pay tribute to those who protect the freedoms we enjoy every day, we wanted to take meaningful action by giving back to our associates and customers who have courageously defended our country and made many sacrifices through their military service."
In addition to the 10% discount for active military and veterans, 1,283 Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's stores, along with the company's corporate offices, and distribution and transportation centers, will sign the United States Department of Defense Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve's (ESGR) Statement of Support on Nov. 11 at 11 a.m.
Delhaize Group also is making a $134,000 donation to the Wounded Warrior Project, a nonprofit organization with the single mission to honor and empower our wounded heroes.