- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
STOCKHOLM Diamyd Medical will split its business into separate divisions for pain relief and diabetes, the drug maker said Friday.
The Swedish company said its diabetes business would consist mostly of the investigational antigen-based drug Diamyd, for Type 1 diabetes, while the pain business would comprise of development projects using its nerve-targeting drug delivery system platform to administer drugs directly to the nervous system to treat pain.
The company will begin the division process during the new 2010-2011 fiscal year.