- Coca-Cola honored by NASCAR
- New Speed Stick Gear brand teams up with racing rookie Cole Whitt
- Walgreens, Roush Fenway Racing partner on promoting Walgreens' prepaid MasterCard
- Dollar General, Unilever present grants totaling $72,500 to more than two dozen Charlotte-area schools
- Safeway to open on-site grocery store at Phoenix NASCAR event
PURCHASE, N.Y. — Diet Mountain Dew has tapped NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. for a new campaign that highlights the 2012 NASCAR season.
The 30-second television spot, "Trade," will launch this weekend as Earnhardt debuts the No. 88 Diet Mountain Dew/National Guard Chevrolet for the first race of the 2012 NASCAR season. In line with the TV ad, the brand also will offer prizes to fans who sign up at Dewcrew.com — an online community for Mountain Dew, Earnhardt and NASCAR fans — for access to exclusive content and earn points for the chance to win exclusive prizes.
"Diet Mountain Dew is off to a strong start in 2012, with solid growth and the news that we've passed the billion dollar sales milestone," Diet Mountain Dew senior marketing manager Emily Silver said. "And, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on board to help us spread the word about the great taste of Diet Mountain Dew, we only expect things to accelerate from here."