- Cuomo supports Binghamton University's pharmacy school
- New York's online database of drug prescriptions curtailing 'doctor shopping'
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- SheaMoisture to sponsor Korto Momolu collection at NY Fashion Week
- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
NEW YORK — Diet Pepsi is showing off its skinny side.
The diet cola will debut its skinny can at New York's Fall 2011 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, held from Feb. 10 to 17, in which Diet Pepsi will serve as the show's official sponsor.
"Diet Pepsi has a long history of celebrating women through iconic fashion imagery seen in our infamous and historical campaigns, and we're proud to continue that tradition as an official sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week," said Jill Beraud, chief marketing officer at PepsiCo. "Our slim, attractive new can is the perfect complement to today's most stylish looks."
As part of the slimmed-down can promotion, fashion commentator Simon Doonan, famous for his store window displays, will unveil a special collaboration at the Diet Pepsi Style Studio located at 362 West Broadway in New York's fashionable SoHo neighborhood on Feb. 11. Featuring Diet Pepsi's slim, attractive new cans and incorporating Jonathan Adler designs, the window installation is a unique fusion of fashion and art. Following the New York collections, the window display will be viewable to the public for the month of February.
Diet Pepsi's skinny cans will roll out nationwide next month.