- Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy CEO joins Flint, Mich., job-creation effort
- Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy's Phil Hagerman named one of 13 'Michiganders to Watch'
- Report: Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy could aid revival of Flint, Mich.
- Diplomacy works: Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy among companies laying groundwork for growth
- Reports: Diplomat to hire more veterans following White House economic summit
FLINT, Mich. — Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy president and CEO Phil Hagerman has been named the Grant Thornton Leader & Innovator of the Year, Diplomat said Friday.
Hagerman was among 45 nominees for the award, announced Thursday night during a reception at Lawrence Technological University. The award receives sponsorship from tax audit and advisory firm Grant Thornton LLP, WWJ Newsradio 950 and the Great Lakes Innovation and Technology Report. The university developed the award program to recognize Michigan business executives involved in professions and industries expected to be key to the state’s economic future.
Diplomat recently moved into the former General Motors Great Lakes Technology Center in Flint, Mich., where it plans to spend $12 million to refurbish the building and hire 150 more workers before the end of the year.